Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Baystack 350-24T Radius Password Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

toro00

ISP
Jun 17, 2002
US
Hello,
I have a BayStack 350-24T. When the switch boots, it presents me with the following:

NetLogin
BayStack 350-24T HW:RevL FW:V1.48 SW:v4.2.0.22 ISVN:2
Username: [ ]
Password: [ *************** ]

If I type for example "NetICs" for just the password field and leave username blank, it responds:
"Username must be specified"

If I type "NetICs" for both, it responds:
Querying RADIUS server, please wait...
after about 10 seconds it responds:
No response from RADIUS server(s).

It simply does not let me log in. I have tried opening the switch to find a jumper but I can't find any jumpers on the switch motherboard. Unfortunately I also do not have a cascade module to do switch stacking and reset it through a stack. Does anyone have any ideas short of contacting Nortel and paying a high premium for support?

Any responses at all would be greatly greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time :)

Sincerely,
Matt M.

I was under the impression the 350-24T wasn't equipped with cascade module? I think in your case there's no chance of getting into that thing other than contacting Nortel. It's trying to authenticate with a RADIUS server, which by the sounds of it isn't on the network. Default passwords for these things though are secure for read/write access and user for read only. Chances are the read/write has been changed though and user will still be in place allowing you look but not touch anything so to speak and the read/write password **** out. Here's a shot of the screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back