Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Baystack 28115/ADV reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phunkadelic

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2001
US
I have a Bay Networks Baystack 28115/ADV and I need to reset it to the factory defaults or clear the NVRAM before it begins its self-test routine. I did this with a Nortel tech a while ago, but can't remember and of course won't be able to get support. I thought you could hold the three front panel buttons down as the switch powered up, but that doesn't seem to do it. Anyone out there know? I'm getting "ER97" error message after the "NVRAM test: (64K" tries to run. Clearing the NVRAM with the front panel seemed to solve the problem before. Please help !!

Thanks,
Brian

i have the same .
can anyone help ?
miox@quebectel.com

i pick out the internal cards (NIC) and it dows not do the er97 anymore. however, it stays in a loop of test , it just dont finishes testings and start over aigain.

i been thinking it's doing a failure to initialise 1 of the cards and i'm presently testing making it start with one at the time so that we could identify the one witch dont work .

anyone has an hint ?

When you boot the switch, do you have any UTP cables plugged in to the ports without having the host computers powered on ? If you do, try disconnecting all cables and then power the switch.

i found out what was the problem ,
it was the epic controler onboard.

i've conected by the console (service) port on it and the switch told me.

i've disconected all cables ,
i've disconected all internal cards .
i've polished all connector and
boot it empty.
then,
i've replugued internal card and everything looks fine

the only thing left , find the password

Same thing happened to me and I switched the first and second ethernet cards around and that fixed it... moving any of them should help.

Can anyone tell me how to use BAYSTACK 28115/ADV
I am a beginer @ Networking and I want to know
what to do with it. I've been using a Lyncsys router into my hub, however this BAYSTACK 28115/ADV was just given to me & I want to get it hooked ASAP.

I wrote a FAQ on using the 28115, here in this forum, if you have more questions you can ask them here, or I am jimpalmer@citlink.net or I run a chat every monday evening at 8 PM Pacific called Upgrade Your Stuff at I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back