Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BayRS with a Static Route Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmahaffey

Technical User
Feb 26, 2004
US
Hello,

Im reconfiguring a Bay RS router with a routing issue. Well we have to sites one on fresno and one in porterville. It seems when the T1 lines go down "which happens quite often" the BayRS router in porterville picks up the next hop in the routing table and tries to route people through there. So when our lines come back up i have to flush the tables and reboot the router. I cant let it route through the other router because it isn't owned by us. Its one of our manufacuring plant routers that only allows them to come in and gather the information they need. I was looking for some syntax that would allow the Bay router to only allow ONE static route so if the line goes down i don't the Bay to pick up the next hop. The users cant go anywhere if the line is down anyways.

Does someone with Bay knowledge have some syntax they can share with me. Thank You.

Brian

If the router is only using static routes how is it picking up any routes?

I assume it has either a routing protocol running or bad static routes.

I need more detail to help you

John

Have you tried putting a static route in with site manager?

BCC is a second way to do that, at the commend prompt enter BCC, wait and then enter "?" this will show you how to eneter a static route

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back