Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BAY AN router image and flash card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RouterDroid

Technical User
Apr 10, 2001
US
I am playing in my home lab with a 16 meg dram BayStack Access Node router model AE1001007. It had no flash card but I have some Cisco cards, a 4 meg and an 8 meg with 3600 images on them. I put the cards in another AN router that was running and I formatted the 4 meg card. The 8 meg card was not accepted - I got a message that no card was present?!?! Anyone know if there are different kinds of cards? They both were of the same mfr and type, as far as I could see!
Secondly, I now have an formatted card and a router with no code. I have a copy of Quick2Config and Site Mgr. Will one or both of these contain the image I need? Where exactly do images come from in the Nortel world? Do you have to purchase them? Any help would be appreciated!

The flash card for the AN is a PC type 2 memory card. The card contains Bay's "GAME" operating system and is not of FAT format but EOF(End of File) and BOF(Beginning of File) style file system. If the AN recognized the 4 meg card then you will need to copy the necessary image and boot files onto the card. There are several "required" files needed for the router to run. The software is available at the Nortel website but I dont know if you need a support contract or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back