Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Battery Replacement, SmartUPS 1500RM - They're stuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakestick

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2003
US
Hello,

I recently purchased a Tempest battery replacement pack for my SmartUPS 1500 rackmount UPS, comes with 4 identical batteries to place in the module and get the system back up.

I'm used to our Symmetra system where the modules are to be replaced entirely, so I'm not very familiar with the rackmount. However, after I got the module out, it appears that the batteries are secured to the case. ARGH!!

I've already cut my hand trying to pry the batteries out, assuming that they've used some double sided sticky foam underneath.. patience is certainly dwindling. For anyone that has this type of rackmount UPS, is there something I'm missing here? The manual is of no help with battery replacement.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Nevermind, I was right about the double-sided foam tape. Replacements are in and work fine.

To anyone with this problem, I carefully pried the corner of each battery until the sticky tape "popped". Just be careful, as you most certainly do not want to pierce one of these batteries while working on it!

I had a similar issue and the problem was the batteries had swollen, bad case, I managed to get them out and now only use that UPs on non-critical systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back