Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Battery recondition as a Scheduled Task

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2005
US
I've got a PE 2500 on Windows 2000 Server with Array Manager V3.1....

I just received a message that the PERC 3/Di Controller Battery needs recharging. I know how to do this from within the Array Manager but in doing some research it looks like the recharge process takes anywhere from 8 to 10 hours and should be done in off peak times due to the cache being turned off. Before I call Dell and wait a day and a half to talk with anyone, does anyone know how to run this as a Scheduled Task? Thanks.

in my environment running win server 2k3 our perc 3di systems recharge on their own.

I asked the same question a while back due to the scary documentation from dell on battery recharging.

However I have found that MOM (microsoft operations manager) will alert that the battery needs reconditioned and at that same time the recondition (recharge) has already begun and it certainly does not take 8 hrs on a pe 2500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back