Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Battery Back-up Option 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTRAU

IS-IT--Management
Mar 2, 2007
US
Have 2 cabinet Option 11, just purchased on EBAY two Nortel NTAK76AC Battery Units (one for each cabinet). Need the cables (2) that plug from the Option 11 Power Supply to the Battery Units. Part number unknown.... Additionally need to purchase batteries for the Battery Units, where can I purchase them?
Thanks for your help!

The cable is a NTAK0420, not sure on the batteries

These days, a UPS would probably be a better option as KCFLHRC has said above. You might be lucky by contacting a reseller, but from my experience, I have disconnected some sites that had them fitted as the batteries were perished and caused more problems when the customer had any power outages.

It was better for them to just get a power loss and as long as they didn't get multiple outages, the system would be OK on a power up.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks everyone! Will look into getting a UPS that will hold the system for about an hour. Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back