Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Batch SMTP Address creation for all recipients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beambones

MIS
Feb 15, 2002
GB
Hi there,

We have just introduced a new domain name into our organisation into our routing of IMC. We now handle email for two domains using one Exchange Server. In this case I'll refer to them as:

domain1.com and domain2.com

SMTP addresses have already been created for all recipients for the first address. But for the second address it hasn't been. What I need to do is create an smtp address for ALL recipients giving them each an smtp address of ***@domain2.com. What I don't want to do is create them all manually as we have over 1000 recipients. Is there a way to give each recipient an email address for this domain all at one time (like a batch creation), rather then having to do it manually? I know this can be done to remove smtp addresses when you go into the Site Addressing section for Exchange, but can it be created?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Marco

you'll probably have to do a directory export/import to add the new secondary addresses...

Following on from brontosaurus. Do an export of your recipients container and then use the concatonate (I think that's how it's spelt!) function in Excel. This will allow you to create the new SMTP addresses quite easily.

Once you've done, export one of the mailboxes back into the recipients container (I'd recommend setting up a test account for this) to check that it's worked. If it has, import the whole .csv back into recipients. If someone annoys you, walk a mile in their shoes. That way you'll be a mile away from them, and you'll have their shoes :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back