Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

batch script - running process 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

nat2345

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2003
US
I made a batch script which at one point starts a process, but the batch file stops over there, sitting on that process and it doesn't go to the next step or allow the window to close. It has happened to me with other processes to. Can anyone explain why this happens and what to do about it?

Thanks for your help.

SGTRawlins is right. Can't do much without seeing what the offending party is.

Here is the batch file:

"C:\Program Files\WinFax\WFXCTL32.EXE"

All it does is starts the "controller" in winfax pro. But after the command line window opens and displays that line it just remains open on that line, so even if I want to put another line after this, it will never get to the next line?! Thanks for responding.

First of all, why use a batch is it is only 1 command?

Second, if you want to do that anyway, add 'start' in front.

Start "C:\Program Files\WinFax\WFXCTL32.EXE"
exit

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq222-2244

Thanks for the quick response.

What happened was that it seemed to run the process and then exit from that line (the command window remained open with the title "C:\Program Files\WinFax\WFXCTL32.EXE" and it was left at the c: prompt.) But when looking at task manager the process wasn't there?!

Anymore ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back