Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Batch Resizing of Pictures - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zinja

MIS
Nov 14, 2002
US
I have used fireworks for some time, but have a question. Is it possible to resize a batch of pictures all at once? The pictures are in jpeg format, and all I want to do is resize them all the same size and then save them. Any suggestions?

LJ Wilson

My personal saying - Just remember, it can always get worse, and usually will.

And I do know about the Batch Process function, but the only resizing choices I have are 1024X768 and 1280X1024, I need to resize them to 640X480.

Thanks!

LJ Wilson

Does anyone know if this is possible (batch resizing of pictures to 640X480 size)?

LJ Wilson

do you care for the images to hold their original look or is it ok if they get skewed?

cuz you can go to batch and scale __ then chose fit area and type in the area you want -- this will only resize images down and make shure they are less than 640 wide and 480high. you would then have to go in and adjust the canvas size to match.

this task if you have many many images that are of different dimensions would be to use Photoshop actions.

zzzzzz

They are all the same initial size (1600 X 1200) taken at high resolution on a digital camera). I need them to be sized to 640 X 480 for display on the web. I know I can batch resize them to 1024 X 768 (built into fireworks), but how do I get them to batch resize to 640 X 480? If I had to go back and adjust the canvas, I wouldn't be gaining anything.

LJ Wilson

like i said this is a more complex job and photoshop actions are needed right here.

zzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back