Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

batch processing

Status
Not open for further replies.

kentucky

Technical User
Nov 5, 2002
US
I need to figure out how to format Tif files to JPEGs. for web viewing (about 100K).
I have 5GB of TIF files.
I am using photoshop CS2 on Mac G4-Tiger 10.4.8
thanks for any help.
I don't have any time for this so I need a way to automate even if it takes days, but it can do it by itself without me having to handle each file.

If you have them in one folder just go to File menu/Automate/Web phot Gallery. When it's done you'll have a mini website. the jpegs will be in the "images" folder.

You can also use File menu/automate/batch. Select Production in Set and use MED JPEG no profile.

I've always found the gallery to be better for viewing the images afterwords. Beats clicking on each file in a folder.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

if i do the web gallery thing. does it keep the original tiff files. i am assuming that is does. but just in case. i better make a back up.

yeah they stay. It creates a whole new folder with the jpegs.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

now I have been instructed by our IT person. that the tif file s need to be changed to 3 diff. sizes.
small 50 pixel med 200 pix. large 500 pix.
i can do it one by one. when using save for web. but when i tr y to record an action it does not type in the "50" pixel in the box so it won't change the size.
please help.
if i could record an action and apply with batch processing to this it would be so much easier. surely there is a way to do this. thanks.

I just tried changing my "image size" before "saving for web". this seems to work so far.

The web photo gallery will do that for you. Try selecting the first option - centered fram 1 -basic.

Then go to the Options part of the window and Thumbnails from the drop down menu. Pick the size you need.

No select large images from the Options drop down. Check Resize and pick the size you need.

To get the third size, repeat this agian but change the large image size in Options to the 3rd size.

Make sure to give the second folder a second name so you don't have a name conflict.

When all done, move the various thumbs, med size, and bigger jpegs to a new folder and trash the rest to the 2 web photo albums - unless you want to keep them.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

This looks like its a candidate for a Javascript, if you would like one I could post one that should do the job.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back