Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

batch printing of images in javascript

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirlpool6

Technical User
Sep 2, 2007
JP
hello everyone...

may i know if there is a way to batch print images in javascript? as much as possible, i dont want to use activeX...

thanks a lot.

Hi

Batch print ? You mean without user interaction ? If that would be possible, then idiots would not pop up windows for advertisement but would simply print them.

I am afraid you have to use ActiveX for that.

Feherke.

what i meant with batch printing is that the client can print many pictures with just one click of a button... like print 3 or 4 images, 1 image per page, in just one click...

how is this possible? thanks. any suggestions?

thanks for that and yeah they are now on different pages...

but i dont know how to deal with large pictures... they get cropped and only a part of it is printed.. the other parts are not.. can anybody pls help on this?

and on small pictures, is there a way to print them in the middle of the page?

thanks a lot.

You're quickly moving outside the realm of Javascript's capabilities. You need to figure out another method to use that can size the pictures to your standards on the fly and center pictures horizontally and vertically. PHP server-side scripting can be used to resize photos shown in the browser, but I don't know if printing from a web page is a practical format to use for what you want.

Lee

Also, look into print styles using CSS. You can do all kinds of fun stuff with that, including resizing and realignment of pictures. But as Lee said above, that is outside the realm of Javascript's capabilities and would be a question better suited for the HTML/CSS forum which you can find here:

forum215

-kaht

Lisa, if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back