Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Batch print from Forms with Oracle Report but not ORARRP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AppBldr

Programmer
Sep 27, 2000
US
I have users who need to print multiple Oracle Reports and don't want to view them in Acrobat first, which is the way they are normally presented and printed. The reports in question are called from Oracle Forms and running through a Web portal. It works fine, one at a time, to display and/or print these reports (document receipts, as it happens). In some cases, when a large number of documents are being transferred to a new point of contact, they need to print a new receipt for each document being transferred and don't need or want to view them before printing.

From what I've been reading, ORARRP seems to be the only answer, but I don't have the authority to mandate that it be installed on each client machine, which at least one of the threads mentioned was necessary in order to use it. Isn't there some nice easy (yeah, right!) way to just batch print a load of reports to whatever printer the current user has as his/her default, or failing that, does anyone know any way at all that this can be accomplished?

Thanks very much for any help you can provide!

Carolyn

do u print document? where is it stored? if it is stored in the os directory, u can use host commands from the form to invoke cmmond line print commads. google around for the syntax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back