Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Batch file to build cube build fails!!! Cognos 7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney786

Programmer
Aug 7, 2000
GB
Hi,

I have recently configured two new cognos 7.4 build servers. I am running SQL server 2000.

I have created a DTS job which calls batch file to automate cube builds i.e. "C:\Program Files\Cognos\cer5\bin\trnsfrmr.exe" -n2 -s "D:\******\Reporting\Models\Cube 023 (Sales and Margin Cube).pyi"

The error message i am getting when executing the .bat via my DTS job is:
Tue 21 Dec 2010 08:34:50 0 00000000 (TR3106) Transformer may require signon information from Access Manager. If you do not log into Access Manager you will be prompted for this information as required. Do you want to log into Access Manager? [->No]
Tue 21 Dec 2010 08:34:50 2 00000000 (TR3108) Transformer could not load User Class information. Authentication error. The signon is invalid. [->OK]

Can anyone help or make any suggestions?

Thanks

Sid

The issue is that the pyi model includes security and the authentication is not included in the batch call.
Alternative methods:
Use mdl model
Build with macro rather than batch file
Add OS authentication to the log-on used to call the batch file

soi là, soi carré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back