Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Batch File to add date and time stamp to the end of a file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neozero

MIS
Jul 7, 2000
US
I have a batch file that is not working when I run it. For some reason, I don't know where the error is in my script that would cause the file to not produce what I am wanting. I am trying to run a schedule task to add the date and time to a file and then copy that file to a different directory. It was working fine last week, but now I keep getting an error that says there is an error in myt batch file. Here is what I have.

cd ..\DataVault\exports

copy LetterData.txt HarlandClarkeArchive

copy HFSBill.txt HarlandClarkeArchive

cd Realm

ren LetterData.txt DailyLetterData_%Date:~-4,4%%Date:~-10,2%%Date:~-7,2%,4%_%time:~0,2%%time:~3,2%_%time:~6,5%.txt

ren HFSBill.txt HFSBillStmt_%Date:~-4,4%%Date:~-10,2%%Date:~-7,2%,4%_%time:~0,2%%time:~3,2%_%time:~6,5%.txt

Thanks in adavance for the help!

Jason

You should post that elsewhere. That's not Powershell that you're using.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back