Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basics to POS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyJr

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2003
MX
Hi there,

Me and my team are about to implement a POS for a client, but this is really new to us, so we're trying to investigate first everything about it, so, if someone has an opportunity to tell me some url's or pages where I can find useful info, I'd be really happy =O)

Thanx to all guys!

Tom.

You might want to check out
It will help you choose the right system. It was written by a consultant that has a lot of experience with POS and inventory control software. Plus it has a software search page so you can find POS software designed specifically your industry. Good luck.

I'm trying to select an architecture that supports both online and f2f transaction processing in one browser-based system to integrate inventory control, since we sell both online and in retail stores. Do you think that VB .NET/ with Access as the database will support (at reasonable response time) about 200-300 transactions/hour with an average of 10 items per transaction? That's not really very high volume, but I'm not convinced that Access is the best solution.
<P>
I'm currently using Miva Merchant version 3 online, but integrating a custom POS system with their inventory database isn't convenient, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back