Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic Questions Regarding EM

Status
Not open for further replies.

cflcrosland

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2012
Hi,

We have a few members of staff that work from home and occasionally come into the office and use what ever desk is available, also from time to time people move desks depending on what project they are working on. so we would like everyone to have the ability to use EM

I would like to ask a few basic questions about EM to understand how it works and some of the concepts, I cannot seem to find my answers anywhere at the moment.

What is a logout profile? is this what the phone will be setup as when not logged in?

If I have the following config:

Code:
voice logout-profile 3
 user charles password 12345
 number 203 type normal

voice user-profile 3
 user charlesc password 12345
 number 203 type normal

ephone  3
 device-security-mode none
 description Charles Crosland
 mac-address 2C36.F858.25C0
 type 7911
 logout-profile 3

What happens to ephone 3 when the user logs into a phone somewhere else, what ext# will it have or will we now have 2 phones sharing ext#203?

Is this a valid config or would it make more sense to have a logout profile for each phone (assuming this is what the phone is setup as when logged out) starting from ext 201 to 212 and then the user profiles start at 221 to 231 so all phones have a default ext and when logged out, then each user has their own ext. when logged in?

Any tips or best practices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back