Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic questions - AutoCAD LT to VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnsolvedCoding

Technical User
Jul 20, 2011
US
Greetings,

I am trying to get some very basic information on how to link AutoCAD LT to Excel. I know VBA fairly well but have never worked with AutoCAD before.

What I need to do is three separate things -

1 - Update a template from Excel.

2 - Put and Get text from a drawing based on an outline made from dashed or solid lines.

3 - Put and Get symbols from a drawing based on text.

However, I don't know which one would be the best to start on since I don't know how AuotCAD works with Excel. Best guess is the template since that will always be the same.

So can anyone tell me the very starting steps of linking Excel and AutoCAD and point me down the road on how to change text around?

It has taken me a while to make sense of what I hear at work involving computers. There is much talk of bugs and questions about Raid.
Therefore I have come to the logical conclusion that the only way to have a properly functioning computer is to regularly spray it with Raid bug killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back