Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic question - maybe 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyonmt

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2001
How do I change the telphone type for a TN. I have a line that uses a 2616 and I want to put a 2008 there. It's a Meridian Option 11 PBX.

What does that mean?

first print your set as it is now. Then out the set and recreate it as new. At TYPE you will enter 2008. If you need specific steps post back.

Specific steps would help greatly as I am a novice. THank you very much in advance!

REQ PRT
TYPE DNB
CUST 0 (usually 0)
DN enter ext of 2616 set.

after you get the TN:
REQ PRT
TYPE TNB
TN (enter TN here)
carriage return and get print of set just so you have a copy.

REQ OUT
TYPE 2616
TN (TN of set)

REQ NEW
TYPE 2008
TN (enter the same TN you just outted)
you can copy from the printout you just made. You'll have eight fewer programmable keys on this phone.

if your new at this, the best way is to find the tn fo a set that is similar to the one your trying to build, say tn 4 1, ld 10 out 2616... cpy 1 type=2008 the next two prompts will ask copy from and copy to, then dn .. prt the tn you just copied 2 and make changes

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

So I changed it to a 2008 and it didn't work. So I looked at the back of the phone and duh, it's a 2006. OK, so I go back and follow the same steps and it deletes the phone! Uh-oh! I flip through my handbook and set it up as a new phone. Luckily that worked!

Thank you so much for all of your help!

Was that supposed to be Load 10? I was using load 20...

For digital sets it would be LD 11. LD 10 is for single line sets. LD 20 can be used as long as you are running rls 19 or above.

that's also why I instructed you to print the phone so, in case you accidentally delete it, you still have a hard copy of it. I learned that the (very) hard way.

here's another hint, once a month i do a prt tnb, and capture it to a text... (usually as i leave) then WHEN i out the wrong tn i can do a quick rebuild...saved me more then once

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back