Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic question in QoS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurofen

Technical User
Aug 12, 2003
IE
Hello,
I am back with another probably silly question that is puzzling me.
I inherit a platform, I am looking the way is program and it start to create some problems with what I though I know.
In all the systems I have install in the last few years, always the QoS parameters are the same value, in this system, no one is the same or maybe I was always confuse and what I believe was true, is not.
If some one can help me, I will appreciate.
Checking the network regions for registration and DSP resources, I can see the following parameters,

802.1P/Q PARAMETERS

Call Control 802.1p Priority: 7
Audio 802.1p Priority: 6
Video 802.1p Priority: 5

If I check the branches, only phones

802.1P/Q PARAMETERS

Call Control 802.1p Priority: 6
Audio 802.1p Priority: 6
Video 802.1p Priority: 5

And finally, if I check the IPSI card

QoS Parameters

Call Control 802.1p: 5
Call Control DiffServ: 46

So, as far as I can see, the system has 3 different values for the Call Control 802.1p.
- 7 between the registration (INR) and the network regions where the Media Resources are.
- 6 in the network regions where the phones are connected
- 5 in the IPSIs.
In other systems, my value is consistent all over the 3 places.
I can understand the different values due the different use, but I can not understand why they are using different Call Control priority between the CLAN/MedPro network regions and “phones” network-regions.
I have no problem, everything works fine, but I cannot find out a reason why they made it in that way.
Thanks for the answers,

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back