Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic Question about Fills and Lines 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

optigoncg

Technical User
Dec 30, 2004
US
Hello,

I am using the evaluation version of Corel Draw 12. I am wondering how I can set things up so that each time I create a new shape, the previous fill color and line style is used. For example, everytime a draw something, i keep getting the default fill and line. This is inefficient because I have to continually set the fill color and line style to what I used before. I know I can change the defaults, but I want the previously used fill and line to stay in each successive shape I make. I hope I'm making sense.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

you can't really do this operation without constantly changing the defaults... a good work around is this:

draw the object with the colour / linestyles you want, then once you have drawn the new object right click on the object with the correct style and drag it onto the object without. a little pop up menu will appear and click copy all properties. That Should work.

Hi optigoncg,

Here's some info that may help with those drawing frustrations.

To set the outline you want as default:

1- select the free hand tool on tool bar at left (it looks like a pencil

2- on a tool bar at the top of your working page there should be 3 boxes each with a single line in it - click on the little black triangle, on the box with the longest line, for the pull down menu & select the line you want. A window will appear -click OK

3- to set the color of fill you want, unselect all objects if any are selected, then left click on a color from a color palette over at the right of your screen

NOTE: These changes will remain as the defaults untill you change them or untill you close the file or the application

If this information has been helful, please click on the appropriate thank you link below.

rh14k
H osting
E ducational
L earning for
PC users

Choose the drawing tool you want, (bezier, freehand, elipse, etc), then choose your outline and/or fill before starting to draw with it. Corel will ask to confirm that you want each to be the new current default for that drawing tool with a couple of simple options.. Bingo - same step required if you want to change the defaults for that tool again.

Thanks everyone. Everythings running smooth now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back