Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlyhex

Technical User
Feb 26, 2009
CA
Hey there, brand new to the E-MetroTel world and have a UCX250 system with galaxy express and DSM16p to play with in the office. I have the IPs set up and licenses in and activated. I haven't been able to find a document that tells me how to get an Avaya 9500 series phone working. It is connected and i have tried programming it in but the phone just keeps saying server not found on the display. I have also tried connecting an infinity 5008 phone and get the same message. Any help would be appreciated.

You must configure your Avaya IP phone and your Infinity 5006 to point to the UCx server IP address and the correct port number (by default 7000 for the 5006 and 5060 for the Avaya phone). Make sure the Avaya phone has SIP firmware installed (not H.323). Instructions how to change the firmware can be found here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back