Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

basic noob question regarding PDF's and Spot colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUDesigner

Technical User
Jan 31, 2008
US
I am currently working on a 2 job using spot colors. Problem is, when I go to export, I see that in addition to my chosen colors, Process black is still in use somewhere. I don't see it anywhere on the page, and I'm wondering if it's meant to stay on regardless, and if it will interfere with the printer (using an outside print shop)?

I cannot seem to deactivate the CMYK colors when exporting (to leave just the spot colors activated for the printer).

Thank you for your help.

You won't be able to turn off the CMYK in the Ink Manager.

Instead, when you have the pdf made go to

Tools>Print Production>Output Preview

and view just the plates that have the spot colours on it. You can turn off all the colours and turn on the cmyk, there should be nothing showing up.

Turn off all the CMYK colours and look at your spot plates and you should see your two colour job.

If you turn on the black plate and that has info on it, then you need to erradicate that from your file and make a new pdf.

Hey thanks for the speedy reply! So that's more of an issue on the print end than my end? I'll test that tonight to make sure everything is in place before sending anything out.

Thanks again.

Well you have to ensure the PDF is two colour, by checking the separations in the PDF. Then send it to the printers. Specify it as a two colour job. Let them come back to you if they have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back