Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic Mode & Door Phone Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephonelady

Vendor
Feb 27, 2004
US
Finished up an install by another tech/ different company, swapping out a Basic mode 8.1 to Basic mode 10.1. The tech could not get the door phone to work. It is set as line 4. I was able to get it to work by changing the line type to Loop Start from Loop Start ICLID. Press button and rang line 4. What I couldn't get to work was the door strike. I compared all the line settings/ options and they are all identical. The only difference I'm seeing is the Unsupervised Analog Trunk Disconnect Handling. The system default is off. The old system was set for off whereas the new is set for on. The doorphone is a Viking C 1000B.
Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

I don't think the unsupervised call ahndling has anything to do with a door strike.

If a call arrives on the phone from the Viking you should be able to activate the door by pressing **, if not then there is a problem in the programming of the Viking. Read the manual for programming options : [URL unfurl="true"]http://www.phone-master.nl/Deurintercoms/Viking/VIKING_C-1000B_INFO-MANUAL.pdf[/url]
Not the most readable manual but better have some info as none.

It turned out that the customer was pressing the wrong digits when we were testing. This
solved the issue with doorphone 1. The issue with doorphone 2 was a rusty strike plate.

IP basic, 10.1, My customer is damn near blind causing him to take too long to dial out,
I've tried *82, and looked through the phone menus, does the IP 500
support Pre- dialing as the norstar used to?? Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back