Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic licence added but "no licence" on phone display

Status
Not open for further replies.

pccsipoffice

Technical User
Apr 17, 2012
US
Installed a new SD card 11.1 Received licence file.
Added licence in basic manager and tried to add it in standard
manager system indicates file was uploaded.
"no licence" is still on phone displays. No licence file is displayed in manger either.
Not sure where to go from here.

You said basic and standard manager
What is your system, basic or standard?

Basic doesn't need licenses (I think) so it should be in standard mode to take licenses.
Open the .xml file you got as license file and make sure that you have an essential license in it. The license key number should be OK otherwise you can't upload it.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

The intension was to do basic. The new Sd card 11.1 loaded successfully and I can access manger. My vendor said it needed to be licenced. (new to me). When the phone came up with no licence I figured that the vendor was correct.

Basic doesn't need a license but your system does need to be in basic mode. If your Manager program has mainly a white back ground and has a lot of programming choices you may be in essential mode. Basic usually is a red and grey back ground without much in the way of choices. I don't have a system in front of me to get more descriptive.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I have been told to recreate the card as the system ended up in standard mode. I cant figure out where
to point my directory in manager for 11.1 I keep seeing a grayed out recreate option. after that
I should be able to add the basic licence.

Start by telling us very clearly what mode you are trying to install the system in. You were asked and didn't answer Your posts here have very vague and imprecise.

- If the recreate option is greyed out, it may be you are using the Admin lite version of the the IP Office admin suite. Thats much smaller than the full installation because it doesn't include all the files needed for processes such as recreate SD. You need to install and use the admin tools installed from the full installer (its about 1GB in size).

- If it is a Basic Edition that you want, make sure that in the Manager apps preferences, "Default to Standard Mode" isn't selected.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Sizbut, Westi asked the mode question.
Here is the run down:
IP office cabinet used.
New 11.1 SD Card
A licence from my vendor for Basic.
Boot the system with new card, connect with manager, choose basic mode, Basic mode present, try to add this licence,
system says upload successful, reboot, phones have No licence error. connect again put into standard, try to add licence,
no luck,
Try web manager, licence add, no luck.
Vendor says you are in standard so recreate sd to get back to basic mode. Cant get recreated so did the system reset
button. Got back to save for basic, saved it, it immediately goes to standard mode.
Going to now down load FULL manager in hopes of getting this card recreated.

Sizbut, Westi asked the mode question" - Yes, and your answer continued to be vague. Don't get annoyed with us for wanting clarity.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I'm not sure what your vendor told you but you don't need a licence for basic mode.

Of course if it was a used cabinet and unlikely to be 11.1 you'd need a licence for the upgrade.

Thanks Ipohead
I am not savvy on Avaya procedures and it looks like my vendor is struggling a bit as well.
As this was discussed before ordering an SD card and a licence was given.
I don't want to waist everyone's time here. Im out. Thanks

Did you have the original SD card as that may open up another route.

Exactly which licence did they sell you?

I do have the original 9.0.?
The unit is 6 years old. This long term customer will be retiring and
did not want to invest in a new system. I am however, adverse to
the idea of selling used stuff. We wanted to make sure the SD was new for reasons.
Product Description
IP OFFICE R11 BASIC EDITION LIC:DS
I have moved on with programming the old SD card. I said I would never sell a
basic again but here I am.

IP Office chassis running R9 or any older sw version for that matter would need an upgrade license to move from R9 to R11 regardless of the Mode!

Basic Edition does not require a license added to operate. However Avaya does issue a PLDS license for Basic Edition linked to the end user in case they add licensing at a later date. The addition of the license doesnt show in the config but does add the xml file to the primary folder listing the sold to info

Thanks JDM that explains what that licence is! It did not show as a licence but as a valid plds.
It is linked to the new sd card. I may just use the card in a new controller at some point.
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back