Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic Level Programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

critzos

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
US
I am just learning SQL Server and wanted input to determine if this would be an appropriate forum for me. Many times the posts I may have will most probably be of a simple nature and I don't wish to burden all of you if this forum is too advanced for me. Your thoughts please. And thanks in advance.

You've found the right place. I found TEK-TIPs when I was doing ORACLE and stayed with it when I switched to MS SQL Server. I joined this forum and haven't regretted it yet. The posters seem to run from true beginners to very advanced. No one gets 'put down' for asking simple questions. Everyone seems to get an answer or pointed in the right direction.

I do have a suggestion for you....take time to read the FAQs for this forum. They will give you some great information so you don't have to re-ask the same questions. When you are starting out posting questions, first take time to do a search and see if anyone else has asked the same or similar question. One that keeps coming back up from new SQL Server people is what books should I get. Go to the search/Knowledge tab and search for Book Recommendation. I posted that question and got lots of good suggestions. Also, take time to look at the BOL (Books Online) before posting your question. A lot of questions can be answered there.

Lastly, do like I do...every day I read through the forum and see what others ask...I've learned a lot that way. I also print off anything that is useful or looks useful. I keep it in a binder and if I can't use the idea now, I may need it later.

-SQLBill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back