Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

basic JSP/XML error - Unable to find a value for "x" in object of cla

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveC426913

Programmer
Jul 28, 2003
CA
Having trouble zeroing in on this bug. I'm pretty new to struts and XML. I'm just debugging the code, so I didn't build this. Other pages work great, so not a system problem.

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: An error occurred while evaluating custom action attribute "value" with value "${homepageContent.homepageContent.mainNavigationLabel}": Unable to find a value for "mainNavigationLabel" in object of class "com.fj.homepageContent.impl.HomepageContentDocumentImpl$HomepageContentImpl" using operator "." (null)

In my XSD:

<xs:schema

<xs:element name="homepageContent">
<xs:complexType>
<xs:sequence>
<xs:element name="mainNavigationLabel" type="xs:string"/>
</xs:sequence>
</xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

</xs:schema>

In my XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<homepageContent xmlns=" ....
<mainNavigationLabel>Main Navigation:</mainNavigationLabel>
</homepageContent>

In my JSP:

&lt;a href="#main"&gt;<c:eek:ut value='${homepageContent.homepageContent.mainNavigationLabel}' escapeXml="false"/>&lt;/a&gt;

If I remove the above line from the JSP, it simply fails on the next one: homepageContent.homepageContent.divisionalNavigationLabel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back