Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic help with Access forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

InkyRich

Technical User
Aug 2, 2006
GB
Hi all,
It is a few years since I carried out any Access/VBA development due to retirement and I decided I did not want to forget my skills - but I have a really basic question which I am rather embarrassed to admit!!
I am using the latest Windows 10 Office 365 version of Access and I have a problem. I have designed a form and I have set the sizes in the Properties list for the form to open but when I do it opens at the maximum size and it's driving me mad.
Can anyone point out what I am doing wrong please??

Hampshire UK.

There is nothing so sad as an old guy trying to code.

Do you have the Document Window Options set to Overlapping Windows or Tabbed Documents? Tabbed will always be full size unless the form is set to dialog.

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Hard to find, I missed this feature after switching from 2003 to 2016. Add "restore window" button somewhere to QAT or ribbon from available commands (also available "arrange windows" and "minimize"). Dimmed if tabbed documents design set.

combo

dhookom many thanks. It worked. I would never have found that option. When I was programming there was no such options. I am very grateful.

Hampshire UK.

There is nothing so sad as an old guy trying to code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back