Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic driver for HP P2015n printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMCT

IS-IT--Management
Sep 11, 2000
US
I'm trying to install a network printer for the above model. However I cannot seem to locate a basic driver for this model. Everything I've found from HP or elsewhere is an application that seems to require connecting via USB. This printer is networked and already in production.
Any ideas from you Windoze gurus on where or how I can accomplish this?

Thanks [ponder]

Won't HP's Universal Print driver do the job? 64-bit 32-bit

According to the administrator's guide it lets you 'easily locate and print to another printer within your network — in your current location or when visiting another company location', which implies you don't need a physical connection to set things up.

Nelviticus

Go to the printer's properties and under the Advanced tab click "New driver". In the "Add printer driver" window that pops up, click "Windows Update". It will take 5 minutes or so, but the list of available drivers will update. Afterwards, you'll see HP LaserJet P2015 PCL6.

-Carl
"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."

[tab][navy]For this site's posting policies, click [/navy]here.

Well thanks all. I will give both ideas a try as soon as tomorrow. One of the interesting things about adding this printer is that although I could ping it on the network from the laptop, the new printer scan would not find it. So using a manual add of a tcp/ip device, it still would not add. I did download the generic HP PCL driver to try tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back