Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

basic design for a website - graphics help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hondy

Technical User
Mar 3, 2003
GB
Hi all

A basic question - when developing a website rich in graphics do you start with a program like photoshop and slice into a html page? I can write a site from basic html and I'm concious of writing standards based script but I want to make them more graphical.

I guess I'm asking, when designing a site should it start off in photoshop (or similar) or is that a bad way to do it?

Design the whole page in Photoshop, splice it up into it's own sections, remove the section where content will be going (dynamic or static) and adjust the HTML appropriately.

Adobe(Macromedia)Fireworks is a web orientated graphics program. I know Photoshop is favoured by many but I think Fireworks actually has the advantage of being designed specifically with the web in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back