Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic COS Help 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

caiguier

MIS
Jun 23, 2008
US
Software Version: R015x.00.0.825.4

I feel silly but need some help with basic COS administration. I need to give my phone console permission (for announcements). My station has a COR of 18, and COS of 7. When I type in "change cos 7", it brings up the cos-group 7 details. I've been away from sys-admin for about a year and half, and before that the system I was working on was at version 11. For the life of me, I cannot remember that COS' looked like this. which entry out of the 16 (0 to 15) do I need to modify in cos-group 7 for my station?

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions!
Chris

The COS entry (0-15) refers to the COS number that the station is assigned to. The COS group number refers to what COS the Tenant Partition group has assigned to. Check what TN number your phone has (uper right hand corner of the station page) and once you get the number do "cha tenant X " and get the cos group number that particular partion has. Once you got that info do "cha cos-group x". Follow the column 7 assuming that is the cos assigned to your phone down untill you get to console permisions and change it to yes.

Do a "ch cos" command you need any number after it.

you'll see something like this (see below)

look for the 7 at the top row and follow it down to the where console permission is and change it to Y

CLASS OF SERVICE

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Auto Callback y y y n n y y y n Call Fwd-All Calls y y y y y y y y y Data Privacy y n n y n n n n n Priority Calling y y n n n y n n n Console Permissions y n n n n n n n n Off-hook Alert y n n n n n n n n

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

gonzalez - Thank you so much! That did it...does FRL come into play here too? I had to change the TN to 7 or above, setting the console permission field to yes and changing my station's TN to the related number wouldn't work on anything that was lower than 7.

New Problem: I can at least now enter the announcement access code without getting the error tone (fast busy). However, now when I enter the access code - quickly followed by the new announcement's extension number, I immediately get the error tone again before I can enter anything further (such as 1 to begin recording). The announcement is not protected...am I missing something else here?
Ext: xxxx
Annc Type: integrated
Protected: n
COR: 1
TN: 1

Thanks Again!
Chris
Queue? y
Rate: 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search