Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic Connection String Editing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE

Technical User
Oct 25, 2000
US

I'm using Access 2007 and SQL 2008 (with Crystal Reports 2008).

I have a union query that is made from a pass through query and a query that uses an access table and a SQL table.

When I run this union query in Access it prompts for the SQL password twice. When I try to run a report in Crystal Reports on this query it prompts for the password for each group.

All of my searching has been telling me to add the password to the connection string, but it doesn't tell me where to do this and I've looked all over for it and I can't find the place to edit the connection string.

The purpose of this query is to be a data source for the crystal report, so the Access part does not need to be pretty. If the only way to do this is with some sort of VBA or macro, I would really need basic instructions or at least a link or the correct words to search for instructions.

Thank you for your help.

VE

Put the password in the DSN ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back