Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic Commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayyabq8

Programmer
Nov 20, 2004
KW
Hi,

Good Day. I am very new to SCO Unix, in fact to Unix, I am trying to use some commands like lpsched, but not able to run, but when I am getting help using man lpsched, it is showing me the path, /usr/lib/lp, what can be the reason for this that I am unable to use the commands and solution to this.

Thanks in Advance and Best Regards,

Muhammad Tayyab

In the man page pay attention to the Syntax line.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

In UNIX (as in most OS's) when you interact with the system, you are operating within an Environment, which includes such things as your TERM type, Username, Group name, and (most importantly in your circumstance) a PATH variable. This tells UNIX where to look for whatever command you enter. You can see the values of these Environment variables by entering "env" or "set" at the command prompt.
The "lpsched" command is in /usr/lib, which typically is NOT on your PATH (probably for good reason, but that's a different discussion).
Simply include the PATH with the command, and you should be able to run that command:
/usr/lib/lpsched {options}
/usr/lib/lpadmin {options}

Hi moto,

Your answer really helped me in a great way, I need some more help regarding printing and editing files in SCO unix, can you do it.

Regards,

Muhammad Tayyab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back