Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic Callrouting 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tconn

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2001
US
I have CM4.0(2) and a 2610XM with two FXO & 2 FXS. I am trying to make all calls (besides the 4xxx which are local phones) go out the FXO. I can't seem to find any config which does simply that. I always get the "Your call can not be completed as dialed..." The FXO's are plugged into my legacy PBX which requires 9 to dial out.

Sorry to ask a newbie question, but a day of scanning Cisco's ocean of docs and now a quick scan of this forum, has left me hi and dry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dial-peer voice 1 pots
description FXO port 1
preferance 1
destination patter 9
port [insert first fxo port number here. something like 1/1/1]
forward-digits all

dial-peer voice 2 pots
description FXO port 2
preferance 2
destination patter 9
port [insert second fxo port number here. something like 1/1/2]
forward-digits all

It is what it is!!

You can also use an undocumented command called

csim start

so say you want to call extension 3100 on your other PBX you could use the following command

csim start 93100

It will start the call setup for that call and should ring the destination. It is good for troubleshooting dial-peers.

Another example is to call Dell

csim start 918886603355

It is what it is!!

Is the 2610XM using MGCP to talk to CallManager? The above post is an H.323 config. It would be invalid for MGCP.
Is the recording from the PSTN or from the Annunciator in CCM?

It is using MGCP. The CM was producing the message, but whatever the problem was, it seems to be working now.

I would like to consider using H323 to send calls to my Ascend/Lucent TNT. Anyone have an example of that config? This probably warrants a new post, although I haven't scanned the forums yet to find my answer.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back