Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic Call Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

acollard83

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2005
US
We are opening up a help desk and are looking into the different options. We have a Cisco UCM 7.1 right now. For the call center, what would be the best option to handle call queues? CCX, Asterisk, something else? Looking to save some money, but also get a decent system that will stay there as we grow. Initially, 3-10 agents handling 2-5 queues, and growing to 50 to 300 agents (both inhouse and remote) and 5-20 queues.

UCCX is your best bet. It will actually build all the 'hooks' into UCM when you set it up.

Excellent. Which version should I get? Does 8 support CUCM 7.1?

the latest version of ccx is 8.5.1 and it only supports back to call manager version 8.0.2
ccx version 8.0.2 can support all the way back to ccm 5.X

However if you do not already have ccx so you can download the upgrade you can only order the latest version obviously. So you'll also need a ccm upgrade.

I'd get the latest UCCX and upgrade my CUCM to 8.5(1) - that way everything is current. Fair warning, UCCX is not the friendliest animal to program. You'll definitely want a training course and if the call center is or will become mission-critical, you'll want a redundant failover server.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back