Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic BCM400 question: How do you setup a new DN and program the handset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karnoc

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2016
US
I am administering Lync 2013/SFB ent voice and replacing a legacy BCM 400 system at a branch office.

I figured out how to change a DN on a telephony set to an existing DN, and replace a broken handset, but I am stumped on how to program in BCM400 a new DN (DID) into the system. The handsets are Nortel 1140es.

Do I program into the BCM400 from the handset itself? If so how do I do this? Or do I program in a new DN from the BCM Elements manager? If so, how do this since I do not see an option to add in a new set.

Thank you

You should call your local vendor and ask for "Administration Training"
We cant/wont train you here on forums.

The BCM main page has access to all the documentation you need otherwise.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I already have a vendor who assists us with BCM administration. We are replacing this archaic system next month and I am just trying to play around and learn BCM a bit before we remove the whole system.

I've saved my company a few hundred by poking around and doing due diligence on all the call routing instead of just tasking this for the vendor to do. I have yet to setup a new extension on a new phone and wanted to learn how.

We need to know if your BCM is the older Windows NT or the later Linux version as there are different ways of logging on.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

BEM is installed on Windows XP

Version 61.0.1
BCM 4.0

The phones are all Nortel 1140e IP phones using DHCP, (heck our voice traffic is on the same network as the data)

At least you have the better (Linux) version at 4.0. IP phones are programmed in Element Manager using the Resource area and I think it is the Application Resource part. select the IP sets tab and in there you can see some of the settings.

The attached guide should answer some of your queries.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back