Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Basic Auto Attendant 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyinScotsman

Technical User
Jul 5, 2011
AU
Hi Guys,
I am brand new to Panasonic. I got training about 4 months ago but this is my first system instal.
I have 90% of the system programmed but I wonder if someone could help with setting up a basic auto attendant.
I set up Disa message and recorded OGM01 501 and entered destinations under dial 1, dial 2 etc.
I can't seem to get the message to present when I call group 601. The phones just keep ringing.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Disa auto attendant will only work if Disa answers the call. You cannot ring group 601 then have it overflow to the auto attendant. This is one of the many reasons why we always install TVA or UM voicemail when someone wants anything more than an answering machine setup.

Thanks for this info 94astro,
I thought it was done through the Disa.
there is UM voicemail on the system and I've looked at the custom service but not sure how the UM answers the call.

Yust set your DDI/MSN/ect to the DISA (501)

Now every call gets trou the DISA, be sure u set the DISA whenn all busy to ... and if no dail to ...
If its a NS series DISA yust consume DSP points, Older u need the VM cards for the chennels.

Panasonic TDA/TDE/NCP/NS Series

If you have the UM activated (it's not active by default), you can set your incoming calls to 500 which will hit the UM right away. You'll need to build the auto attendant in the UM programming, under Custom Service. Then you need to record it by logging into mailbox 998. I'm assuming you have an ns700.

When you say UM is not activated by default where do I activate this?
I have built an AA in Custom service but when I try to log in to mailbox 998 i.e. dial 500 > #6 > *998 it says you cannot access this service. If I enter 998 without the * it asks to leave a message.
Also the ideal set up for this customer is to have it ring 3 times so the Receptionist can take the call and if she misses it; for it then to go to AA.This I assume should be very straight forward but I'm missing the initial handshake.
Sorry if this appears really dumb.

If you get the voicemail lady telling you "you cannot access this service", then your UM is active. You cannot access the service because in UM programming you need to enable in security settings System Manager Access from Telephone.

To make the call ring three times you need to overflow your ICD group to 500 and set you Service Group up to route calls to custom service 1.

Ok I've set up incoming calls to Group 601 10 secs later it overflows to 500.
In UM security settings I've enabled 'System Manager access from telephone' and given a password.
I have also enabled Message Manager.
I've gone to UM config > Service settings > Custom Service and edited CS No.1 Day Main menu and made a recording.
I go to UM Extension/Trunk Service > Service Group and in Day mode Company greeting no I have 'Other' with options for 'None' or 'System'.
I then have Company Greeting 1 assigned and Custom Service 1 assigned by default for Day Mode Incoming call.
When I dial 601 it rings the group for 10 secs then goes to group 601's mailbox prompting you to leave a message.
When I go into either 'Message Manager 998' or 'System manager 999' I dial 500 > #6 > *998 > password # > when I press 3 for customising mailbox it says 'this function is not available'
I don't know what's missing but I can't get it to go to the Custom Service 1 greeting.

Sorry, just come back from holiday.
thanks for your help 94astro
Everything's good now
I hooked up my home line to the system and the AA kicked in.
I'm used to the Avaya and with that you can set up a short code to reach the AA greeting without actually calling in from an outside line.
Can the Panasonic NS700 do that?
I also had another query. If you have dedicated SIP, how do you hook up voicemail to email.
I imagine you would have to get a NS1000 as it's got the 2 Lans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back