Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bars parcer '97

Status
Not open for further replies.

deebrown

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2008
US
My old bars parcer '97 is not working well since my PC was upgraded to MS Office '07.
It parces the text file but won't let me save it. When I try and look at the file I supposedly just saved it takes me back through the parcing routine again. I can look at the parced info but it doesn't appear to save the document.

Any ideas?

Won't let you save it? You mean, you can see the resulting columns and rows - but there is no "save as"? Maybe just select-all, copy the cells and paste them into a new Excel file

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

PS: What I do, is save-as an Excel 4 Worksheet, then the macro code isn't saved.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

Yes, I have a save as option in the pull down but when the file is viewed it automatically opens the parcer again.

All in my group who are using the '97 version are experiencing the same thing. I guess I could do a copy and paste but never had to do that before.

I have always had to do a save-as to some format that does not copy the VB code. Such as Excel 4 worksheet.

Not workbook...that copies the VB code, which means it wants to run whenever you open it.

That file was written by a developer at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin just because I asked him for a favor. I don't even remember the persons name any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back