Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BARS / NARS Dialed Digits

Status
Not open for further replies.

giantman

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2004
US
Good morning everyone. I have no experience with BARS or NARS. What load can I go too in order to view the route taken when digits are dialed ? Example : 617 555, I want to make sure that call is terminating over our long distance T1.

Is there any documentation on BARS and NARS anywhere in the Nortel documentation. I am going to submit a form for training with my company and would it be best to take both BARS and NARS or just BARS ?

As always many thanks for your help !!

ld 90

REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT net
TRAN ac1
TYPE nxx type can = npa spn or nxx
NXX 617
NXX 617
RLI 13
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

then go to load 86

REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT rlb
RLI 9

RLI 13
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 6 This is the route (ld 21 ltm gives you the loops)
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
VNS NO
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 5 for this entry your ncos must be 5 or higher
DMI 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
IDBB DBD
IOHQ NO
OHQ NO
CBQ NO

ENTR 1 add entries for different routes or rest levels
LTER NO
ROUT 35

have fun

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

LD 90

REQ PRT
CUST 0
FEAT NET
TRAN AC1
TYPE NPA

NPA 1617

NPA 1617
RLI 52
-------------
LD 86
RLI 52
ENTR 0
LTER NO
ROUT 5 (this is route 617 goes over)
TOD 0 ON 1 ON 2 ON 3 ON
4 ON 5 ON 6 ON 7 ON
CNV NO
EXP NO
FRL 3
DMI 0
FCI 0
FSNI 0
SBOC NRR
CBQ NO
SDRR DENY CODES = 1
ITEI NONE
--------------------
LD 21
>ld 21
REQ: ltm
CUST 0
ROUT 5

TYPE TLST
TKTP DID
ROUT 5
DES x
TN 004 01 MBER 1 x
TN 004 02 MBER 2 x....this is my T1 circuit.

Nortel's guide to NARS and BARS is in their Networking Features guide. (Basic and Networking Alternate Route Selection) It takes a little while to go over, Also this was rated the hardest course at Global training when I went. They take this course serious. I'm not trying to scare you, I think it is one of the most important courses there, and I think you should take it, but I would try to get an understanding of the basics before I took the course.

One thing I would suggest is a spreadsheet that will take the information from the different loads (LD 86, 87, and 90) and creates a spreadsheet that has all the information in it.
The web site is and the spreadsheet that does the bars/nars things is NETTY.

IF YOU JUST WANT TO SEE IF IT'S TALKING THE CORRECT ROUTE YOU CAN DO A TRAC ON THE DN IN LD 80 OR IF YOU HAVE A DISPLAY PHONE JUST PLACE IT ON HOLD THEN GO BACK IN AND THE ACOD AND MEMBER WILL BE DISPLAYED. THEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GP TO LD 20 AND PRINT THE ACOD AND IT WILL TELL YOU THE RDB THAT IT'S ASSIGNED TO

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

another way of seeing which route and member your leaving on is make the call, put it on hold, pick it back up, that will display the acod, ld 21 prt rdb (then) type in the acod at the acod prompt

ld 80
trac 0 xxxx, with x =to your dn

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back