Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Barring an number on OS4k V10

Delcow

Systems Engineer
Mar 17, 2021
GB
What is the Best way to block an incoming call from a nuisance number?

The only way is to use the AMO CLIMA

I am looking at barring an incoming Call to the OS4k, what would be the best way to do this?

If Clima is the only way could you please point me in the right direction on how it is programmed, and help would be great.

Ok no problem - You have to add in the CLIMA and then add in the numbers that you want barred.
Then you have to tell the incoming trunks to look at the CLIMA table to see if any number there is barred.
This was supposed to have worked from V3 - you can add it on in V3 but it does not work.
I see that you are at V10 so that should be OK.
You can add it on via the Assistant but I prefer the Comwin input.

To setup from scratch with no previous CLIMA added:
ADD-LDPLN:LCRADM,771,8,1,"CLI PATTERN PLAN #1";
ADD-DIMSU:LDPLN8=1000;

To reject an incoming call based on CLI:
CHA-COT:X,COTADD,CLAC; (R279)
ADD-CLIMA:CLI,1,"777888999","Spam Caller",,,REJECT;
above call is rejected

The AMO (Adminstration and Maintenance Order) CLIMA is also used to have Names show up on incoming calls -
this is not what you are looking for obviously but it's part of the function of the AMO
CHA-COT:X,COTADD,CLNA; (R277)
ADD-CLIMA:CLI,1,"777888999","Mr. Delcow",,,ACCEPT;
Number 9777888999 Mr. Delcow is shown on screen
(If 9 is in KNPRE)

There are 2 other functions of the AMO -
One is to take a number and show a different number - example let's say you are ringing in from home but you want your mobile/cell number to show up
then you can also use this AMO.
The last function then is to allow some calls to be intercepted to the Operator depending on the way the CLI is presented - but again nothing to do with your requirement.

You'll need to test this - you could temporarily add in your own number and test it that way.
You may have to remove the first digit - let me know if it works or not

You'll need to test this - you could temporarily add in your own number and test it that way.
You may have to remove the first digit - let me know if it works or not
Hi,

I had the programming correct apart from the COT once I added that in it worked! Thanks again for your help

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back