Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Barowwsoe2save , how can I remove this stubborn virus !! 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCX008

Technical User
Apr 22, 2010
US
one of my devices has this stubborn virus and I can't get it deleted. It will always tell that it runs in another file or program (which is chrome).

Anybody out there could send me a real link (not the one with control panel / uninstall and so on, it wont work !!)

thanks in advance

got it, thanks so much ..one more problem "Optimizer Pro" is also very stubbern..can't delete it !!

Not to be snarky, but did you Google these at all before posting?
Link

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

And this advice from your other post is not a bad idea.
"MalWareBytes in safe mode with system restore off."

Certainly combofix with anti-virus removed will take care of it if nothing else will. Regular mode not safe mode.

CCX008,

Did you get your problem sorted?

Also, I wanted to second the app recommendations - MalwareBytes and ComboFix both seem to work very well. I've needed to use ComboFix once on a machine, and best I know it did the job very well.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

thanks so much, yes I got the first one. Just need to solve opt pro.And yes I did google it . combofix must be the best solution.thanks again

Fair warning about Combofix to anyone reading this. It CAN hose your computer if badly infected. They will tell you at BleepingComputer NOT to run it without expert recommendation. Now, I'm always willing to fill that role (self-anointed), but I normally run it the LAST THING I do. Meaning: I run it in order LAST after using other cleaners to get rid of most things OR I run it as a LAST resort if nothing else improves the malware infection.

It's like a wild dog, you turn it loose, you don't know what it might do.

I had to put a star out for the characterization:
It's like a wild dog, you turn it loose, you don't know what it might do.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Thanks kjv - I believe you gave me a star for saying the same thing a long time ago. Everyone likes dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back