Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Barebones Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianpen

Technical User
Jul 1, 2003
GB
Hi,

I created a full backup of a newley created SBS 2008 install onto a USB HDD, the backup completed with no problems. I then tested it by clearing the array, rebuilding it and trying to restore to no avail.

I have a HP ML 350 G5 and have a RAID 5 of SAS drives on a Smart Array 200i.

I have tried starting the restore as follows.

1) HP Smart Start Disk - Start installation as normal till it reboots to the Windows section, then choose Recovery options

2) Boot from windows disk (with and without the HP Drivers being added), this seems to take the restore if the drive is formated but on first reboot it doesn't see the boot partition on the Logical Drive.

This is all a bit worrying for me as although I'm at test stage I would like to have a backup that I can depend on. Advice as to your Disaster recovery would be grateful as well as any tips on what I may be doing wrong.

Thanks
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back