Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bare minimum ports open for VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rzrbkpk

Technical User
Mar 24, 2004
US
I'm using a computer for the sole purpose of connecting to my work network via VPN. I actually connect to my work computers via a SSL GUI once connected to the VPN. In essence this computer is a thin client. What I want to know, is what are the bare minimum ports that need to be open?

On your side? Whatever your server decides to open to get to the ssl vpn. The open port requirements are on the vpn server side, not yours.

/

tim@tim-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install windows
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package windows...Thank Goodness!

Rz,
Typically SSL VPN uses port 443 by default, however, it is very possible to change the port, if the SSL VPN termination devices it set this way, however, you would know it as you would have to include such at the end of the URL:
ie.

I hope this helps.

-HH

Real trouble call:
Customer: "I have a huge problem. A friend has put a screensaver on my computer, but every time I move the mouse, it disappears!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back