Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Barcoding in MAS90/200

Status
Not open for further replies.

jam1967

Technical User
Jan 31, 2008
US
I have used MAS90 on and off for several years and am reasonably experienced with it. However I cannot print out a form with a barcode in it. I have read the help notes many times and must be missing something. I am wondering whether I have to create a form in Crystal and insert a bar code command. Would appreciate any assistance on this topic.

Thanks

If you are using Crystal then you have to install the function library and the fonts and then use a formula in Crystal. If you are using non-graphical then read the Help files in MAS on how to do this.

As I said in my orignal post, I have read the Help files many times. As I also said the solution is probably staring me in the face, but I am missing something.

As I said in my post if you are using Crystal you have to install the function library from whomever you bought your fonts from and then create formulas in Crystal.

If you are using non-graphical you have to setup a bar code printer.

What about your reseller? Have you asked them for assistance.

What bar code font are you using? Azalea? WASP? You need a barcode font in order to print barcodes.

Dawn

Dawn,

You hit on the solution right away - I did not have bar code fonts installed! I work with 3 other ERP systems and they all come with the bar code integrated with the system so I assumed MAS was the same.

It finally hit me, last week, that MAS90 does not come with bar code fonts. So I downloaded and installed Azalea's free Code 39 font and UFL and have now tested it with some of MAS's Crystal forms and it works OK. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back