Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Barcode with filler digits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumba1

Technical User
Aug 29, 2002
My Parts Room Inventory has barcodes on the label that correspond to the text-based part number (I.E. Part # 123abc-e)... This creates an extremely long barcode when you get into 12-15 digit numbers... so the idea I have is to use the Primary Key for that part number record to generate the bar-codes (4/5 digits is smaller/easier then 12-15 alphanumerical)... the problem I have is this... I want to have the part number printed in barcode form (already have a code39 ttf installed), but to fill-in 5-digits... IE I want the barcode to print 00001 not just 1... makes all the barcodes the same relative length... anyone know how I can do this? Keep in mind I have to take the Actual number and add a * at the start and end, so if I have 00001, I have to make the barcode format it as *00001*, otherwise it wont scan correctly... Thanks in advance :)

Never mind... I answered my own question 5-minutes after I posted that... solution ended up being =Trim("*" & Format$([key], "00000") & "*")

Works like a Charm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back