Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Barcode scanners Zebra LI4278 not stripping first character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITnickR

Technical User
Sep 21, 2016
US
Our engineering department was having trouble, so they kicked it to my boss, who kicked it to me as I am the newest person in the department. Anyways, We are having trouble trying to strip the first character from our name badges when logging into the software we use for measuring and controlling quality on the factory floor.

Before anyone asks yes, I have read the manual, I have read the ADF manual so much, I almost have it memorized. we have two different types of software in house that uses bar codes, the first is a in-house developed piece of software that strips the E in front of our employee number, the second software that wont strip it, is not developed in house, and I don't believe is programmable. so, I have been playing with the ADF codes, but none seem to be working.

My process has been thus far (of the many that should work but none do):

Begin
Code 128
7 characters
send 7 characters
skip ahead 1 characters
save

This is the only one that would make sense since I am just asking it to skip a character and display the 6 characters after the E. but it does not. It still displays the E to my irritation. If anyone can help our or see something I do not, please any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back