Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Barcode Scanner Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellstee

Technical User
Dec 31, 2005
US
I've been advised that I should purchase a laser barcode scanner with a USB plug. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm only familiar with the WASP ones and theirs is $300.00. Just thought I would ask before I shell out that kind of money.

Kelly

kellstee,
depends on the environment. intermec scanners are very good, but might be a bit more than the wasp. they are designed for industrial environments and last for quite some time.
regards,
longhair

We use Symbol 4000 series scanners. We have about 200 of them in service. You can get them with a keyboard wedge or usb connections. They run around $250US

I tried to have patience but it took to long! :) -DW

Hand Held Products
formerly Welch Allyn
No moving parts to break or wear out. It has the easiest most flexible programming there is for Adding CR or TAB or anything you can dream of. and Great tech support to help you get it tricky things set up. It also scans right out of the box which some do not.

DougP, MCP, A+

metrologics are the best... i've used handhelds and symbols, metrologic voyager series is the way to go.

(but this is my opinion i use Full Circle and Retail Pro w/ these scanners)

akalinowski
MCSE 2000, A+, N+, LCP, CNE

I really like these

We are using them for inventory purposes. I have been using Visual Studio 2005 to create applications that are running on them. They are pricey, but worth it for us. They run some where around 1500-1800, very rugged and will withstand drops from a ladder.

I guess I didn't really understand what a bar code scanner was when we first shopping for one. I took Doug's advice and found a used on on eBay for less than $100.00 and it came with a stand. It works perfectly and I saved a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back