Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

barcode Scanner Application in MS Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

webslinga

Programmer
Jun 20, 2006
US
Hello all,
I am responsible for creating an application that reads in stored barcodes from a scanner that is connected to a COM port. The scanner is the Symbol Technologies CS1504.( I have to use the scanner's API (which is written in VB) to access the data in it. I am a beginner at Visual Basic and I need some advice on getting this started:

1) I am going to be using Microsoft Access to create my application. Does VBA have any limitations that would restrict me from calling the barcode scanner's from within it?

I really would appreciate some good feedback on this because I am coming from a PHP background. Thanks in advance.

I would make forum707 my main place to ask questions on this, and use forum711 for API specific questions if you can't get an answer on the first forum. Investigate the Declare statement.

HTH

Bob

subject is found in several fora. use advanced search w/ appropiate terms.

MichaelRed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back