Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Barcode printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaguilar

MIS
Mar 28, 2001
US
I have a printer that I bought a barcode chip for. the bar code number is 39. But it will not print the barcode. The company that makes the Barcode chip is asking me for a print to file from the sap server. How can I do this if I can only print to an IP address using port 9100.

Need details.
If you bought the Bar Codes and More DIMM for an HP then it won't work because SAP doesn't support that font. The Bar Codes and More code 39 font is number 0Y. Instead SAP supports the 9Y font contained in a different font product (DIMM). You can change the SAP SBP01 thru SBPnn print controls to change the font number (hex bytes 3 and 4), or you can get the other font product. I don't have my notes with me but it is listed in the big OSS note about supported printers.
To capture a print file create a printer id that is a version of LOCL, but with the proper device type (not SAPWIN). Use this printer id to send the print file to the PC and use the PC printer config to say the printer is "capture to file".
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back