Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

barcode printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mferrer

Programmer
Apr 1, 2003
US
Can I print a barcode and add it to an existing report. I was asked to print the barcode of a certain product in a report. Is this possible. I will be doing this in dos and will be using a laser printer.

Back in the heyday of FoxPro DOS applications, there were a number of third party products that would generate the appropriate control characters for EPSON and LJ II (PCL) printers. I don't know if any of those are still available, but the first place I'd check is They know FoxPro and they sell barcode products, and if they don't have it, they may know where you can get it.

On the other hand if you are using a simple barcode, you may just need to sit down with a PCL manual and the specifications for the BC type you need and figure the coding.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back